A voice for the PEOPLE (...the ones in my head, that is)!!!
Its okay, they know me here!

Sunday 22 January 2012

The Life Of A Clumsy Girl

 So on Thursday night just as I had finished posting on my blog  i realised  in dismay that it was 20:37 pm and that my favourite show had started 7 minutes ago! I immediately shut down my laptop; sprung off the bed and took off running.  As I did that my foot got caught on the powercord of said laptop causing me to trip face first across my bedroom floor. There was a loud crah  as I went down and my laptop slammed onto the ground. I was a little shocked at first but when I realised I was okay( and that my laptop was unharmed) I smiled. Besides the fact that my knee stung a bit I was just fine. Or so I thought.

As I stood up the pain in my knee intensified. When I looked down I was HORRIFIED!! My knee was scrapped and bleeding! Oh yea, it was that bad. I had fought with the carpet and got burned ( literally. carpet burn sucks!). When I saw my wound its like the pain became more pronounced- why does that always happen? you could go the whole day without realising you were hurt but then when you see it the pain becomes real?- and I limped out of my room to find help.

But when I actually come to think about it this happenes to me alot. I'm always falling or tripping or breaking something. I cant count how many times I've tripped up the stairs ( yea, i know) or (almost) broken cutlery. I remember once when I was in matric I went to sit down in Biology class an I completly missed the chair. Everyone laughed, even my teacher [ thanks so much Mr. Lawrence]. Such is my life though. I'm that girl who accidentaly cuts herself with a butter knife - those are no joke. They're considered gateway knives- when buttering toast. haha.

My damaged knee
Oh and in case your wondering if I ever found help; I didn't. My mom did scream "Hey!!" when she heard a crash but did not come to investigate. Although she did ask me this morning where I hurt myself when she saw me gathering some plasters. And you thought being an only child ment you got all the attention; well you were wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment